STOMPTuesday, January 22, 2013 - 7:30pm
Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 7:30pm
STOMP is explosive, provocative, sophisticated, sexy, utterly unique and appeals to audiences of all ages. The international percussion sensation has garnered an armful of awards and rave reviews, and has appeared on numerous national television shows. The eight-member troupe uses everything but conventional percussion instruments - matchboxes, wooden poles, brooms, garbage cans, Zippo lighters, hubcaps - to fill the stage with magnificent rhythms. As USA Today says, "STOMP finds beautiful noises in the strangest places." STOMP. See what all the noise is about.
- STOMP has performed in over 350 cities in 36 countries worldwide.
- STOMP's New York City production will celebrate its 15th year at the Orpheum Theatre in February of 2009, which makes it one of the longest-running shows in Off-Broadway history.
- STOMP is the most financially successful Off-Broadway show in history.
- The North American Tour has been running since 1995.
- There are two STOMP troupes in Europe - a sit-down in London and a tour.
- International engagements have included Korea, Brazil, Japan, Chile, China, South Africa, The Acropolis in Athens, Greece, and Australia.
- The 68th Annual Academy Awards (STOMP performed an original piece involving the live synchronization of classic film clips and on-stage action, featuring 20 performers from both the US and UK casts).
- The Emmy Awards.
- The Late Show with David Letterman, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Today Show, Good Morning America, The Ellen Degenerous Show, Late Night With Conan O'Brien, and Last Call with Carson Daly
- Roseanne and Mad About You
- Let's Make Music (Sony Home Video release), with Sesame Street characters.
- Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.
- Mr. Frear's Ears series on Nickelodeon.
- "Commercials: Coca-Cola's "Ice Pick" spot and Target's "Back-to-School" series.
- Olivier Award for Best Choreography (the London equivalent of the Tony Award).
- Obie Award (New York's Off-Broadway Awards).
- Drama Desk Award for Unique Theatre Experience.
- Brooms (a STOMP-based short film), produced by Quincy Jones: Academy Award Nomination (Best Live Action Short), Cannes Film Festival Nomination (Best Live Action Short).
- STOMP Out Loud (HBO special): four Emmy nominations (including Outstanding Direction for Variety or Music Program) and one Emmy Award (Outstanding Multi-Camera Picture Editing for a Miniseries, Movie, or Special).